During the Tokyo Olympic Games 2020 athletes across Swimming, Diving, Artistic Swimming, Marathon Swimming and Water Polo gave us the opportunity to witness some amazing achievements. Check out the best photos taken with Nikon cameras.
Check out the TOP-10 moments of the FINA disciplines at the Olympics.
1. Ahmed Hafnaoui (TUN) earns the most surprising and unexpected Olympic title. In the 400m Free from lane 8 to the highest step on the podium with a time of 3:43.36.
2. Serbia men's water polo team went back-to-back, repeating its success in Rio 2016 winning 13-10 against a powerful Greece team.
3. Thomas Daley and Matty Lee thrilling final in the men’s 10m platform synchro. The British pair struck gold with 471.81 points.
4. South Africa’s Tatjana Schoenmaker setting a new World Record in the 200m Breaststroke in a time of 2:18:95. Becoming the first women under 2:19
5. USA’s Women’s Water Polo team won their third consecutive Olympic title to add to the 2019 FINA World Championships title
6. Caeleb Dressel set Olympic Records in 50m & 100m Free, and World Records in the 100m Fly and 4x 100m Medley Relay. Only the fifth swimmer to win 5 Golds at a single Olympic Games. He was awarded the Guinness World Record for the most FINA world records held by an individual (current)" on August 11, 2021 for his then current 9 FINA world records
7. Ana Marcela Cunha of Brazil winning her first Olympic medal in the Olympic 10km Marathon Swimming race by out touching Sharon van Rouwendaal (NED) by just .7 seconds.
8. Emma Mckeon made history by winning 10 Olympic medals at the 2016 and 2020 Olympic Games, becoming the most decorated Australian athlete in all the Olympic sports
9. Florian Wellbrock from Germany, two weeks shy of his 24th birthday, won his first Olympic gold medal in the 10km Marathon Swimming race.
10. At 14 years and 130 days old, QUAN Hongchan became the 2nd youngest Chinese diver to claim Olympic gold after FU Mingxia (Barcelona 1992).
More info about Nikon