The Athletes Committee shall consist of the following members:
- Twenty (20) athletes from elections conducted at the World Aquatics World Championships;
- Six (6) athletes appointed by the World Aquatics President, subject to the approval of the World Aquatics Bureau;
- Six (6) Honorary Members appointed by the World Aquatics President, subject to the approval of the World Aquatics Bureau; and
- All athlete(s) from any of the Aquatics disciplines who are members of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) Athletes Commission.
The athletes elected to the Athletes Committee shall represent the Aquatics disciplines as follows:
- Ten (10) Swimming athletes, including one male athlete and one female athlete from each Continent;
- Two (2) Open Water Swimming athletes, including one male athlete and one female athlete;
- Two (2) Diving athletes, including one male athlete and one female athlete;
- Two (2) High Diving athletes, including one male athlete and one female athlete;
- Two (2) Artistic Swimming athletes, including one male athlete and one female athlete; and
- Two (2) Water Polo athletes, including one male athlete and one female athlete.
Jack LAUGHERVice Chairperson
Ana Marcela CUNHAMember
Siobhan Bernadette HAUGHEYMember
Felipe PERRONE ROCHAMember
ORGANIZATION OF THE ATHLETES COMMITTEE
Organization of the Athletes Committee:
- Members of the Athletes Committee shall elect three officers: Chair, Vice-Chair, and Honorary Secretary for a term of four years, or until their successors are duly elected. Honorary Members are not eligible to serve as an officer.
- The Athletes Committee shall have an Executive Committee composed of nine (9) members: Chair, Vice-Chair, Honorary Secretary, and one member from each discipline, respecting gender and geographic diversity.
- The Athletes Committee will elect one (1) delegate per discipline to attend the World Aquatics Congress.
- Elected and appointed athletes within the Athletes Committee are entitled to one (1) vote on all committee matters, including elections. Honorary Members, however, do not have voting right.
- The World Aquatics Executive Director or his/her representative shall be invited to attend the meetings of the Athletes Committee. The World Aquatics Office shall provide appropriate and necessary
POWERS AND DUTIES
The powers and duties of the Athletes Committee are:
- To bring input of the Athletes to World Aquatics, in particular in connection with the organization of competitions and events;
- To collaborate in the Technical Rule proposals and amendments for each discipline;
- To be in contact with Athletes participating in competitions and events and bring forward to World Aquatics any suggestions and remarks made by Athletes;
- To have a representative of the Athletes Committee participating in the meetings of each Technical Committees, with such Committee representative having personal experience in the discipline of the respective Technical Committee; and
- To have the Chair of the Athletes Committee being an ex officio member of the Bureau and the Executive, with his or her main duty being to ensure that the Athletes' perspective is represented in the debates.