If you want to make history and be a part of the biggest aquatics event ever hosted in Fukuoka, Japan, this is your opportunity! The 20th FINA World Championships will reach one billion viewers, turning their attention to some of the world’s greatest athletes will come together July 14-30, 2023, in a celebration of diversity, human potential, and sporting achievement. The event-time continues as thousands of more athletes come to Japan for the FINA World Masters Championships from 2-11 August in Kyushu.
FUKUOKA (Japan) - Join the Fukuoka volunteer program and be directly involved in bringing these FINA World Championships to life. We are seeking the support of 2,000 volunteers to be integrated into every aspect of the event as members of the Fukuoka event workforce. Whether or not you have been involved in the sport in the past, or even if you haven’t been a volunteer before, volunteering for this event will be an amazing experience.
Volunteers are instrumental in staging a global event of this magnitude. We welcome everyone to register their interest with the Fukuoka Organising Committee as soon as possible as we are nearing the end of the interview process.
Welcoming fans to the stadium, supporting the media, and assisting in the event’s sports organisation and sustainability efforts are just a few of the ways volunteers will play vital a role in delivering successful events.
Bring your unique background and talent to a passionate team that will directly contribute to the success and spirit of this unmissable event. The recruitment period runs from Monday, 29 August to Wednesday, 30 November 2022.
Information about Volunteering and How to Apply
Details of volunteer activities
- Providing information and assistance at each venue, media personnel assistance, transportation assistance, competition operation assistance, etc.
- Hours of activity: Approximately eight (8) hours maximum per day. (This may vary depending on the assigned activity)
Basic application requirements
- Must be at least 15 years of age on 1 April, 2023. (Junior high school students cannot apply for volunteers) Those under 18 at the time of application must have their parentsʼ or guardiansʼ consent
- In principle, can volunteer for at least four (4) days
- Fluent in Japanese to read, write and have daily conversations
- Visit the Volunteer page on the Fukuoka FINA World Championshipsʼ Official Website and fill out the required information. The Volunteer page will open at 10 am local time on Monday, 29 August.
- Volunteers must cover their own transportation and accommodation fees. Uniforms and knapsacks are planned to be provided
- COVID measures will be released closer to the event when finalised
Point of Contact concerning volunteer application
- Volunteer Management Office for the FINA World Championships 2022 Fukuoka (in the Kyushu office of Congrès Inc.) Tel：092-716-7104.
- Open on weekdays from 9:30 am to 5:30 pm local time. The office is closed on weekends and holidays.