FINA is pleased to introduce a brand new synchronised swimming event on the Aquatics calendar – the FINA Synchronised Swimming World Series.
With mission to be held annually, the circuit will include a total of seven legs for the 2017 edition (see below).
This event, exploring an innovative concept, will integrate existing smaller synchro events from all over the world and each leg will be held in conjunction with those existing national Opens and competitions.
Any National Member Federation wishing to take part is welcome to register their team but the team must enter at least four of the 2017 meets to be eligible for the final ranking and corresponding prize money. Participation in the FINA World Championships 2017 in Budapest is also mandatory.
Teams can enter in 10 events within four categories:
- Solo (technical + free)
- Duet (technical + free)
- Mixed Duet (technical + free)
- Teams (technical + free + highlights + combo)
Teams will then be ranked depending on their results and given points as follow:
1st: 50 points 2nd: 40 points 3rd: 30 points 4th: 20 points 5th: 15 points 6th: 14 points 7th: 13 points 8th: 12 points 9th: 11 points 10th: 10 points
As a result, the Federations accumulate points by participating in the events. The top results of each Federation will be cumulated to have an overall ranking by category: solo, duet, mixed duet and team. Prize money will be allocated according to this ranking.
2017 Calendar of the FINA Synchro World Series
- Make Up For Ever French Open – Paris (FRA) March 10-12
- China Open – Taiyuan (CHN) – April 22-24
- Japan Open – Tokyo (JPN) – April 28-30
- Canada Open – Toronto (CAN) – May 2-7
- Spain Open – TBC - May 26-28
- US Open – Long Island (USA) – June 22-24
- Suv Parisi – Tashkent (UZB) – August tbc