World Aquatics Support Programme
Dedicated to advancing aquatics globally, the World Aquatics Support Programme is a cornerstone for development of World Aquatics Members. Through targeted financial support, the Programme aims to elevate the development of aquatics at the National Federation level. It empowers World Aquatics Members to initiate projects that enhance competition management, administration and governance practices, purchase of equipment, fund participation at competitions and training. The Programme embraces the diversity of aquatic sports, fostering an environment where each sport can flourish.
- Support the development of World Aquatics Members
- Provide financial support to World Aquatics Members for the development and enhancement of aquatic sports across all levels and demographics
- Ensure World Aquatics Members uphold and prioritise good governance standards to improve their efficiency, transparency, and independence
In order to be eligible to take part in the programme, World Aquatics Members have to meet 3 conditions:
- National Federation participated in at least one of the two latest World Aquatics Championships or Swimming World Championships (25m)
- Successfully finalised previous OASP & AQUASP editions
- Answered the latest Governance Survey until the provided deadline
The World Aquatics Mentorship programme is designed to serve the development of World Aquatics Members seeking to advance their good governance, efficient administration and effective leadership.
10 Member Federations representing all 5 continents come together for 6 months to advance their governance and create long term strategies for the development of Aquatics in their countries.
The six-month programme is founded on a framework of cooperative learning among participants, supplemented by personalized expert guidance and structured group sessions aimed at introducing a diverse range of topics and concepts.
- Facilitate growth and development of the World Aquatics Members by supporting the development of their strategic plans
- Aid World Aquatics Members in improving their governance practices
- Create an environment for National Federations to share their experiences and practices
- Continental Support Programme
Dedicated to advancing aquatics movement, the Continental Support Programme aims to elevate the standards of the aquatics’ community within continents. Through targeted support, it empowers Continental Organisations to initiate projects specific to the needs of the continent, that enhance administration, governance, training and education, competition organisation, communication and other areas of aquatic sports’ development.
In addition to the projects-based support, the Continental Support Programme provides financial assistance to the organisation of selected number of continental competitions. This strategic initiative further strengthens the competitive landscape of aquatics sports by offering targeted assistance for events that showcase the talents and skills of athletes on a continental stage.
- Promote growth by supporting development activities of the Continental Organisations.
- Support the Continental Organizations in hosting successful aquatics events.
- Raise the standards of the continental bodies and become better organizations for the development of athletes and aquatics sports